The Vineyard Church has been honored to partner with Pastor Stanley LoNathan, the founder of Sudan for Christ Ministries, whose vision is to raise up a generation of future leaders that will restore and rebuild the great nation of South Sudan. We have been working with Pastor Stanley for the past six years and have sent mission teams to support the work in South Sudan for each of those six years.
Sudan for Christ (SFC) is comprised of the following ministry outreaches:
- New Generation Tabernacle—a church of 500 members
- New Generation Primary School—a school educating 325 children
- Dreamland Children's Home—an orphanage currently caring for 118 children
- Operation Joseph Farm: 25 acres of agricultural land to grow crops to feed the Dreamland children and impoverished people of the local community
- Children’s Medical Clinic –located on the property of the Dreamland Children’s Home and built with the purpose of taking care of the Dreamland children, as well as children in the surrounding areas
- Future plans include increased Agricultural Programs, expanded orphanage facilities and more
The Dreamland Children's Home is a place where children are not defined as orphans, but as children of God with mighty plans and purposes for the kingdom of God on this earth. Addressing the challenge of orphaned children in war-torn South Sudan, Dreamland Children's Home, under Pastor Stanley LoNathan's direction, currently cares for 118 children, all of whom have lost their parents to war, poverty or disease. On a daily basis, these children receive housing, nourishment, education, and the love of Jesus though the staff and supporting churches. Art for the Heart of Africa, a benefit auction hosted by The Vineyard Church each year since 2009, raises funds to support the Dreamland Children’s Home.
A native of Yei, South Sudan, Pastor Stanley was educated in Cairo, Egypt, and is a graduate of Victory Bible Institute. With a calling to return to Yei and minister to the great needs of South Sudan, Stanley shares the love of Jesus through the many outreaches of Sudan for Christ Ministries. Stanley and his wife, Vicky, have 4 children—Deborah, Daniel, Esli, and Aaron.