Monday, July 01, 2019 - Monday, July 08, 2019
Costa Rica Mission Trip
Led By: Kathy Smarrella & Colin Johnson
Deadline: Sunday, March 3
Questions? Email Kathy Smarrella |
1 John 3:18 “Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth.”
Purpose of the trip:
Our team will serve alongside members of the Vineyard Palmares, a Vineyard church in Costa Rica we have partnered with several times in the past. The primary purpose of this trip will be to serve low-income areas through work projects, children’s programs, evangelism
*This trip is open to individuals, couples, children 10 years old and up traveling with a parent, and high school students.
Attenderat The Vineyard Church
- This trip is open to individuals, couples, families (children 10 and up) and high school students
- Valid Passport or proof of application for
passportdue with this application (FYI: allow 6 weeks and approx. $150 for your passport)
- Good spiritual and physical health
Required Team Meetings:
There will be 2-3 required team meetings as part of the trip. Dates TBD
Included in the trip costs:
Travel to Costa Rica, Airfare, Food while in Costa Rica, Health & Emergency Evacuation Insurance, Transportation to/from Chicago
Additional personal expenses not included in trip costs:
- Food while traveling in
- Cost for Immunizations (Required: Tetanus (DPT); Recommended: Updated routine vaccinations (MMR, Polio, etc)).
moneyfor souvenirs or to give away in Costa Rica
Lodging Arrangements for the team:
- We will likely stay in a small hotel or in host homes. Team members will share rooms (2-6 per room). Three meals will be prepared each day for our team. Bedding will be provided, but not towels or toiletries. Further details will be provided, but be prepared that the setting will be more basic than what most have in the US.
- Showers and toilets will be available, though
therelikely not hot water.
Complete & turn in the application to the Resource Center, the Church Office, or Kathy Smarrella, with a $300 deposit and a copy of your passport by Sunday, March 3. You will be notified by March 10 if you are accepted for this trip and given more information. There are limited spaces available, so it is possible that not everyone will be accepted for this trip. If you are not selected for this trip, your $300 deposit will be refunded. If you are accepted, no refunds will be given after the plane tickets are purchased.
How to Apply:
Fill out an online application or get a paper application at the Resource Center at your location.